Welcome to 2018!!
This year as with many years I started out the year with what I list as my new year accomplishments. Instead of resolving to change things in my life, I like to think of things I would like to accomplish in the new year. Now that I am a knitter, the list is definitely more knitting related. Plus I also added some shop accomplishments I would like to have this year as well. See I am a planner and planning my year out or having things I want to do over the course of the year keeps me excited and able to live in the now. Many people think I am crazy. I myself often times think I am crazy, but honestly I love sitting down and creating a plan of attack.
Last year I did not have a knitting plan, which is why I only finished 4 whole projects!!! AAAAAH!!!! Granted one of those projects was a 6 skein shawl (the infamous Om Shawl), but can I really consider that even finished when I haven’t blocked, weaved in the ends, or sewn the buttons on yet? I’m putting it in my finished in 2017 column, but I almost feel like I’m cheating with that one. Almost…
Are you ready?? Drum roll please!!
The projects I would like to complete in 2018 are:
- Hue Shift Afghan by Kerin Dimeler-Laurence
- Brave at Heart Shawl by Lydia Brown
- Hoarfrost by Andrea Mowry
- Vintage Prim by Andrea Mowry
- Time Keepers by Lydia Brown
- Tincture by Andrea Mowry
- Another Om Shawl by Andrea Mowry
- The Girl from the Grocery Store by Joji Locatelli
- Mock Colorwork Fleckle Mitts by Estella Haines
- Whirlygig by Wallyone Knitting (WIP)
- Lineas Cowl by Elizabeth Suarez
- Tan House Brook Shawl by Jennifer Lassonde
- Handbrake by Kay & Dan Jones (WIP)
- A pair of socks…pattern yet to be decided on
- And if I still have time and my hands haven’t fallen off yet, Finish other WIPs cause I only have a half dozen or so of those as well.
See, I told you I was crazy!!! I’m sure you are looking at that list and thinking, “she only finished 4 projects in 2017!!” I myself look at the list and think I am completely crazy, but we never know what we can accomplish if we don’t try!! What’s the worst that can happen?
The good news is I already have yarn for most of these projects (don’t tell my hubby).
The only thing left is to cast on and go for it. Wish me luck!!
I would love to know what you want to accomplish in 2018. Comment below with your knitting goals or other goals for 2018. Together, let’s make 2018 the best one yet!!